Litter-picker/General Maintenance Assistant
Core Working Hours and Place of Work
The minimum hours of work per week within the following shift pattern will be as follows:-
Annual rate: £4,394.00
Monthly Salary: £366.17
Hourly Rate: £8.45
Core Hours – 10 (2 Hours Per Day)
Cleaning in Village Centre/ Litter picking Duties (Route supplied).
Civic Centre Caretaking
(King Street, Enderby)
Civic Centre Evening/Weekend Caretaking (Variable)
- Monday–Friday the rate of £12 will be paid per function (open/close).
- Saturday & Sunday the rate of £18 will be paid per function (open/close).
As Per Rota
Annual Leave Cover
Duties detailed below.
The post holder will be required to assist with caretaking after 4pm Monday-Thursday, after 3pm on a Friday, and all day Saturday, Sunday (and at any other times when the Senior Caretaker/Caretaker Grounds Maintenance Assistant are on leave of absence or in the event of illness). Duties will include opening and closing of the Civic Centre, King Street, Enderby during evenings and particularly at weekends.
The post holder will provide assistance/cover to the Senior Caretaker/General Maintenance Assistant as required by the Council, including assistance with the general maintenance duties during spring/summer months at the Cemetery and all Recreational Grounds in Enderby. Pay for these duties will be made at the hourly rate of £8.45 per hour.
The post holder may be required to work other hours when payment at the appropriate rate will be made. If the post holder is required to work on a Bank Holiday, then pay will be at double the normal rate.
The holiday entitlement is 20 working days (Pro-rata) plus 8 Bank Holidays (New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Bank Holiday, Spring Bank Holiday Monday, August Bank Holiday Monday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day).
- Litter-picking (Enderby – Various Locations) (core 10 hours) Pay will be at the salaried rate of £366.17 which is in accordance with the pay scales of Living Wage Foundation (reviewed annually).
- Caretaking at Enderby Civic Centre will be paid at the applied rate (detailed above).
- Other duties as required.
The following is a list of the main duties which the post holder will be required to undertake when requested to do so by the Clerk to the Council or other administrators of the Council:
- To be a key-holder for the Council's buildings/premises, including responsibility for responding to emergency call outs and responding to any other reasonable requests of the Council's Management to provide access.
- To act as Caretaker at the Enderby Civic Centre, King Street, which involves:
- keeping all parts of the Centre (inside and out) clean and tidy at all times including all fittings and furniture,
- laying out the required tables and chairs (and the stage on occasion) for all bookings as notified by the Clerk/Administrators of the Council,
- clearing away tables, chairs (and stage) after bookings,
- ensuring heating system is working for bookings and turned off after use.
- opening the accommodation for bookings and locking it afterwards at times when the bookings occur,
- openings and closings at evenings (after 4 Monday-Thursday and after 3pm on Friday) and at weekends.
- complying with Enderby Parish Council's Health & Safety Policy.
- Pay any monies received to the Clerk or other Administrator of the Council promptly.
- To attend occasional staff meetings/training sessions as required.
- To carry out work at the Council's Recreation Grounds and Play Areas which comprise of keeping the areas clear of litter and rubbish. Maintenance may be required to be undertaken occasionally.
- To carry out work to the Closed Churchyard and the Council's Cemetery, which comprise of keeping the areas clear of litter and rubbish. Maintenance may be required to be undertaken occasionally.
The post holder will work under the instructions of and be responsible to the Clerk or other Administrator/Senior Caretaker/General Maintenance Assistant of the Council. The duties set out above are the main duties but other tasks will arise from time to time in a busy Parish and the Clerk will allocate these jobs to the post holder as appropriate.
Apply with an up to date CV and covering letter.
Date Posted: 17th May 2017.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 16th June 2017.
Interviews to be held week commencing: 26th June 2017.
- Litterpicker & General Maintenance Vacancy (PDF, 39 Kb)
- Job Vacancy - Part-time Litter-picker/General Maintenance Assistant - Person Specification (PDF, 80 Kb)
Person Specification - Litter-picker/General Maintenance Assistant